On our private tours, you decide who tours with you and your own private guide. They're priced for up to 2 people, but you can easily increase the number of participants when you book your tour with an automatic price adjustment.
The Ultimate Guide
Our Private Vatican Tour typically follow a carefully crafted route through the museums, visiting all of the must-see parts such as the Raphael Rooms, the Gallery of Tapestries and the Laocoon and His Sons sculpture that inspired Michelangelo.
Be amazed as you enter the Sistine Chapel and experience two of the world’s most famous masterpieces for yourself – The Last Judgement and The Creation of Adam. With a coordinating commentary from your guide, you’ll see things that other visitors never spot – like Michelangelo’s bone-free self-portrait, his message to the world that he would rather be skinned alive than paint the Sistine Chapel again.
For information related to COVID measures currently in place, including specifics regarding the requirements and restrictions associated with visiting tourist attractions and traveling within Italy, please review the following guidance:
- Appropriate dress is required for entry into some sites on this tour. Knees, shoulders, and backs must be covered.
- Please note that in case of unexpected closures of some of the areas inside the Museums, the guide may have to modify the itinerary slightly. For example, if some of the internal connecting areas are closed for safety reasons, Raphael's Rooms may be replaced with Pio Clementino Museum, where Laoocon and Apollo Belvedere statues are.
- On Wednesday mornings St. Peter's Basilica may be closed to the public due to the Papal Audience taking place in Saint Peter’s Square. Customers who wish to visit St. Peter’s Basilica are advised to travel on another day. The Basilica is also subject to last-minute closures for religious ceremonies. When this occurs, we are happy to offer customers a longer tour of the Vatican Museums in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour. While we undertake to tell tour groups ahead of time if there are any planned disruptions to Basilica opening hours, this is not always possible and in these cases, we are unable to provide refunds or discounts.
- Please be aware that, due to the Basilica opening calendar tours starting at 2:30 PM or later:
- From April until October, the tour will include a shorter guided tour of the Basilica. Your guide will take you inside and after a brief orientation tour, they will leave you free to continue your visit independently
- From November until March, there won’t be a guided tour inside the Basilica, due to Basilica’s restrictions. Please be ensured that your guide will still be able to provide an explanation from the outside and you will be able to enter the Basilica independently.
- In both cases, the duration of your tour will not be affected, as your guide will decide how to allocate the time between the Museums and the Basilica accordingly.
This tour is subject to a 24-hour cancelation policy. If you wish to cancel or amend your booking, you can do so without charge by contacting us up to 24 hours in advance of your expected